Tag: Red Remover
I first compiled this list back in May, and felt it was time to update it. I followed the same procedure… typing Walkthrough into YouTube search and then going through page after page of videos. This time around, I limited it to 1+ million views in 5 or less videos, instead of allowing in walkthroughs done in 40 parts. The list has grown from 18 to 36 in the past 7 months:
Red Remover remains the dominant king, and the game’s Player Pack joins the ranks too. Poptropica has grown from 6 to 9 entries on the list. JohnnyK’s games have grown from 2 to 5 entries. We now have 2 “random” entries on the list… walkthroughs done for random flash games that aren’t the developer, sponsor, or me. Games done by me have grown from 8 to 14 entries.
The trend remains the same though… Poptropica, Phuzzles, Puzzle Platformers, and Physics. And we get to add a Point and Click to the list too, just to keep the ‘P’ genres intact. Oh, and as a note, I added in 5min views to games done by me.
I typed “Walkthrough” into my YouTube search bar and waded through the 1st 17 pages of results, which takes us down to 200,000 views per video. ”Walkthrough” returned the results of any video with the word Walkthrough in either the title or description of the video. This should be a pretty all-inclusive list, barring any games besides Ice Breaker that have a crapton of videos for 1 game (I just happened to know about the walks for those games, so I knew to check… no one of the vids has 200k+ views).
The List: Game Name (# of Vids) – Total Views in Millions – Ave Views/Vid
- Red Remover (2) – 11.4 – 5.7
- This Is The Only Level – 2.8
- Wake Up The Box – 2.6
- Poptropica: Nabooti Island – 2.0
- Cover Orange – 2.0
- Use Boxmen – 1.8
- Roly-Poly Eliminator – 1.6
- This Is The Only Level TOO – 1.1
- Poptropica: Big Nate Island – 1.0
- Wake The Royalty (2) – 1.7 – 850k
- Poptropica: Astro Knights (4) – 2.8 – 700k
- Fragger (2) – 1.4 – 700k
- Poptropica: Spy Island (3) – 1.9 – 633k
- Demolition City 2 (3) – 1.9 – 633k
- Poptropica: Counterfeit Island (4) – 2.2 – 550k
- Poptropica: Mythology Island (4) – 2.0 – 500k
- Demolition City (2) – 1.0 – 500k
- Crush the Castle: Players Pack (4) – 1.3 – 325k
- Stadium Sneakout (10) – 1.0 – 100k
- Ice Breaker (40) – 1.8 – 45k
- Ice Breaker: Red Clan (40) – 1.4 – 35k
These are video groups done by 1 person; no mix and matching. Also, no 1 game/island had more than 1 person with 1 mil views on their walkthrough… although 1 or 2 of the Poptropica Islands were close with a 2nd.
Analyzing the list shows very specific types of games that meet this list: Poptropica, Phuzzles, and Puzzle Platformers account for 19/21. CtC:PP is a physics game, but not a phuzzle… and Stadium Sneakout is a point & click that doesn’t really belong on the list at all because each video is :08-:30 long. The top17 are 6 Poptropicas, 8 Phuzzles, and 3 Puzzle Platformers. Finally, I made 8 of the top 18 (8 of 12 if you discount Poptropica).
If you know of any game that I missed, please let me know. :)